Saturday, July 18, 2009

an honor and a challenge

I'm finding that as this blog grows and I get to read the thoughts of my boatmates, that we are sharing one of the most extraordinary and transcendental experiences any person can have. It still jars me to put on my USA unisuit and strut around the house. I did this last night while my sister and her boyfriend (not a rower) were watching a movie; he was likely asking himself "what the hell is that kid doing walking around the house in his underwear when company is over?" My thoughts: yeah, whateva!

Leaving the white house yesterday was not nearly as sad for me as it was for the other guys (will) because I will be returning in the fall; however it did feel great to hear many a "good luck" as we walked out the door. Jon Winter especially offered up a few excelent tips for traveling and racing as he has had the experience numerous times over the past year.

I am nearly finished packing, I've been filling up my suitcase while writing this.

yes pete, this is really happening!

2 comments:

  1. This is great. Keep these stories coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you guys arrived yet in Prague? Are you there? Where's the updates?

    We're dying to hear from you all.

    ReplyDelete